We will be having our annual Camp Bountiful Association Meeting on Saturday, July 31, 2021 at Camp Bountiful. We invite everyone to come. We will be catching everyone up on the latest projects and the status of our fall retreats and next summer. We also will be approving the budget for the 2022 year.
Directors: Candy Owens (304)914-8165
Registrar: Vern Foster (513) 608-7851
Dates: July 30 – August 1, 2021
- Friday, July 30 – 6:00pm arrival, set up, cabin assignments, snacks, campfire. No meal.
- Saturday, July 31 – Three meals. Morning classes. CB Association Meeting 2:00pm. Inflatables 1:00-5:00pm. Evening worship, snacks, campfire.
- Sunday, August 1 – Breakfast, cleanup, communion service. No lunch.
* Please register as soon as possible by filling out the form at the link above. We need counts for meals, housing, classes, and volunteers. If you later learn you will be unable to attend, please notify the registrar immediately.
* Covid 19 is still a reality. While all participants age 12 and above are expected to be fully vaccinated, we will still practice distancing and make use of outdoor activities as much as possible.
* Masks are optional.
* Tables for meals will be assigned by family or cabin groups. Each table will be called up for service; there will be no lines in the dining hall.
* Tables will be set up in the lodge and in a tent adjacent to the lodge.
* We will try to assign only one family to a cabin. If we have more families than cabins, we will need to double up. If you want to share a cabin with a particular family, please indicate that on the registration form.
* Those coming only for the CB Association Meeting are invited to join in Saturday lunch.
* CB Association Meeting will be 2:00 at the shelter.
* The pool will NOT be open. We will have inflatables Saturday from 1:00 to 5:00pm. The water slide will be available for all ages.
* All classes will be outdoors. Please feel free to bring your own chairs.
* We will have no hired staff for the weekend and will rely on volunteers for food service, restroom cleaning, etc. Please sign up on the registration form to help.
* Anyone attending who is under 18 must be with their family or be sponsored by and stay with someone over the age of 21. Parental permission is required.
* The 4-plex may not be available. The Cincinnati congregation has made a generous donation to make one side completely handicap accessible. At this time we are unsure when construction will start or end.
* We have snack times scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights. You are invited to bring snacks to share with the larger group both nights. We don’t know if the canteen will be open and there are no soft drink machines in the lodge.
* No pets are allowed.
Camp Bountiful Board of Directors is hiring a Bookkeeper. If you are interested please send a summary of your contact information, work experience, and relative skills. This position is currently vacant and we are looking at filling it as soon as possible. This is a salaried position.
- part-time approximately 20 hours a month (sometimes more or less)
- QuickBooks knowledge preferred
- basic knowledge of accounting
- give attention to detail
- ability to work independently but also with Board Treasurer, Camp Manager & others as needed
- ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
- access to a reliable computer and printer/scanner
- will be trained on payroll – previous experience a plus
While Camp Bountiful is closed for summer camps, the grounds are available for use by members of the Bountiful and Western Ohio Mission Centers of Community of Christ under restricted conditions. See “Guidelines for Use of Camp for Family Gatherings” for details and the “Usage Agreement” to sign-up.
Final Total: $ 56,965
After consultation with several people, including the CB Board chair,
former camp directors and others, Candy and I have come to the decision
that we will cancel all Community of Christ summer camps for 2021.
The decision was not made lightly, but a combination of issues,
including distancing, ventilation of sleeping quarters, sanitation
requirements, dining concerns, safety with programs, availability of
directors and staff, medical personnel, and other factors as identified
by the American Camping Association and Center for Disease Control made
cancellation the safest choice at this time. Decisions regarding fall
retreats will be made sometime during the summer.
We expect a decision on Spec to be made in May.
We realize the graduating seniors from 2020 and 2021 will have missed
their last opportunity to participate in Sr Hi camp. We hope to find a
way for a gathering for them once it is safe to meet again.
Vern Foster, WOMCP
Please consider Camp Bountiful during this year’s Season of Giving! Make a donation in honor or in memory of a dear friend or loved one. Any and all amounts are welcomed and greatly appreciated for our beloved campground! We will send acknowledgments to those you choose to donate in “honor of” & family of those you choose to donate in “memory of”. What a nice way to spread the love of Camp Bountiful. Donate at www.campbountiful.org/donate.
At this time we have a limited stock and variety of Camp Bountiful t-shirts at the campgrounds. Not every size, color or style is available at this time. If you are interested in purchasing one, please e-mail to get more information as to availability. A great way to show your support of Camp Bountiful!
We thank our skilled volunteers who worked in the lodge on extending the railings in the loft areas. It was quite a project with many different talents needed and lots of planning. The lofts are now ready for camping season to open again. We rely on volunteers to make Camp Bountiful the awesome campground that we love so much.
Camp Bountiful Board along with the First Presidency of the Community of Christ church continue to monitor State of Ohio guidelines and recommendations from professional health organizations about preventing the spread of COVID-19. Based on this information we have suspended gatherings at Camp Bountiful. We look forward to seeing you again as soon as it is possible.
Decisions for the 2021 camping season have not been made yet. We continue to monitor the situation and keep in close communication with the world church.