Please mark your calendars for September 16 – 18, 2022 for Women’s Retreat. Bruce and Gloria Crockett will be guest ministers. The theme this year is Traditions, Transitions and Transformations. Registration and further details will be forthcoming. Deborah Hanes will be the Retreat Director.
Please take a moment to peruse the current Camp Bountiful COVID-19 Protocol for summer camps. Although the intention was to do this for our youth camps only, this may also be the protocol for reunion and retreats. I’ve consulted with people in our own area and also camps from other parts of the country and have run it past Apostle Carter.
A HUGE Thank You to the wonderful people who have given their time and hard work to Camp Bountiful this year. With their help, we have been able to complete many projects that continue to keep our campground safe and beautiful.
The handicap parking pad has been poured! The contractors finishing it used to work with Ronnie and Mike Blevins from Pleasant Valley, so they came up and helped their old buddies.
Thanks to Rachel Fant for power-washing the cabin steps so that they can be re-finished!
CC1 has been re-sided, primed, and painted! Thanks so much to Debbie Hanes and Connie Humphrey.
The playground has been re-mulched and looks great!
We will be having our annual Camp Bountiful Association Meeting on Saturday, July 31, 2021 at Camp Bountiful. We invite everyone to come. We will be catching everyone up on the latest projects and the status of our fall retreats and next summer. We also will be approving the budget for the 2022 year.
Directors: Candy Owens (304)914-8165
Registrar: Vern Foster (513) 608-7851
Dates: July 30 – August 1, 2021
- Friday, July 30 – 6:00pm arrival, set up, cabin assignments, snacks, campfire. No meal.
- Saturday, July 31 – Three meals. Morning classes. CB Association Meeting 2:00pm. Inflatables 1:00-5:00pm. Evening worship, snacks, campfire.
- Sunday, August 1 – Breakfast, cleanup, communion service. No lunch.
* Please register as soon as possible by filling out the form at the link above. We need counts for meals, housing, classes, and volunteers. If you later learn you will be unable to attend, please notify the registrar immediately.
* Covid 19 is still a reality. While all participants age 12 and above are expected to be fully vaccinated, we will still practice distancing and make use of outdoor activities as much as possible.
* Masks are optional.
* Tables for meals will be assigned by family or cabin groups. Each table will be called up for service; there will be no lines in the dining hall.
* Tables will be set up in the lodge and in a tent adjacent to the lodge.
* We will try to assign only one family to a cabin. If we have more families than cabins, we will need to double up. If you want to share a cabin with a particular family, please indicate that on the registration form.
* Those coming only for the CB Association Meeting are invited to join in Saturday lunch.
* CB Association Meeting will be 2:00 at the shelter.
* The pool will NOT be open. We will have inflatables Saturday from 1:00 to 5:00pm. The water slide will be available for all ages.
* All classes will be outdoors. Please feel free to bring your own chairs.
* We will have no hired staff for the weekend and will rely on volunteers for food service, restroom cleaning, etc. Please sign up on the registration form to help.
* Anyone attending who is under 18 must be with their family or be sponsored by and stay with someone over the age of 21. Parental permission is required.
* The 4-plex may not be available. The Cincinnati congregation has made a generous donation to make one side completely handicap accessible. At this time we are unsure when construction will start or end.
* We have snack times scheduled for Friday and Saturday nights. You are invited to bring snacks to share with the larger group both nights. We don’t know if the canteen will be open and there are no soft drink machines in the lodge.
* No pets are allowed.
Camp Bountiful Board of Directors is hiring a Bookkeeper. If you are interested please send a summary of your contact information, work experience, and relative skills. This position is currently vacant and we are looking at filling it as soon as possible. This is a salaried position.
- part-time approximately 20 hours a month (sometimes more or less)
- QuickBooks knowledge preferred
- basic knowledge of accounting
- give attention to detail
- ability to work independently but also with Board Treasurer, Camp Manager & others as needed
- ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
- access to a reliable computer and printer/scanner
- will be trained on payroll – previous experience a plus
Mark your calendars NOW! Camp Bountiful will have a work week starting on April 23 – 29. We understand that many cannot come for the whole week, but hopefully, you can join us for Saturday &/or Sunday. We will have projects all week.
Doug and Connie, Camp Managers cannot get the campgrounds ready for camping season by themselves. We need to help. A wide variety of projects with different skill levels are ready for you to volunteer. It is very helpful to know ahead of time who is coming, so we can be prepared with the needed supplies.
Call or e-mail Connie or Doug – — 740-988-2373. Hope to see you there!
Final Total: $ 56,965
After consultation with several people, including the CB Board chair,
former camp directors and others, Candy and I have come to the decision
that we will cancel all Community of Christ summer camps for 2021.
The decision was not made lightly, but a combination of issues,
including distancing, ventilation of sleeping quarters, sanitation
requirements, dining concerns, safety with programs, availability of
directors and staff, medical personnel, and other factors as identified
by the American Camping Association and Center for Disease Control made
cancellation the safest choice at this time. Decisions regarding fall
retreats will be made sometime during the summer.
We expect a decision on Spec to be made in May.
We realize the graduating seniors from 2020 and 2021 will have missed
their last opportunity to participate in Sr Hi camp. We hope to find a
way for a gathering for them once it is safe to meet again.
Vern Foster, WOMCP
Please consider Camp Bountiful during this year’s Season of Giving! Make a donation in honor or in memory of a dear friend or loved one. Any and all amounts are welcomed and greatly appreciated for our beloved campground! We will send acknowledgments to those you choose to donate in “honor of” & family of those you choose to donate in “memory of”. What a nice way to spread the love of Camp Bountiful. Donate at www.campbountiful.org/donate.